A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Going to rehab!

Ok SO the journey to a strong body...here we go! Now this is where I am currently starting off...I can't go out of the house for very long and I can't sit by myself in a chair for more then 30min right now without starting to shake, sweat and feel like I'm going to throw-up...it's just too much on my body right now. So when I say a strong body I am not talking about lifting some weights or going for a run, I'm trying to get back to doing daily life things...like standing in the kitchen for more then 10min or sitting on my own for longer then 30min etc. So, like I said before, I am SO grateful that building a strong body is my job and I enjoy learning about it :).....So I am rehabbing myself! I am currently daily doing either full body physio OR going on what I like to call a 'field trip' which is just a trip outside of the house. My full body physio includes such moves as this in order to build up my back from laying on the couch/lazy boy for 5 weeks. I then do quad/calf stretches and arm stretches and every 2nd day I add in 4 sets of going up and down my stairs.(just doing that, I am out of breath and sweating) Now I know this doesn't sound like my normal 5k run to warm up and then my hour hardcore cross-training workouts I use to do, but this is where my body is at right now and believe it or not, I am ok with this. People keep saying to me how hard it must be for me to only be able to do so little. But I am not finding it very hard because A) I am just happy to be here! and B) I have already gone on this journey when I started this whole journey to health while weighting over 250lbs. It was hard and it didn't always feel good, but I stuck too it and things got better and I got stronger....so this is my plan this time around and I must say that I'm really thankful that I am not going through it alone. All your support, e-mails, Facebook messages, texts and visits have really helped me live in my awesome and not feel alone as I go along this new journey!...THANK YOU!!! AND I REALLY hope that you are all living in your awesome too! xoxo <3

No comments:

Post a Comment